It's the most stressful time of the year for seniors. The deadlines are creeping up or have already passed for early consideration. The essays are piling up and money is being saved to plan for a future in school.
Little effort remains in our high school education as it doesn't affect our future plans. Ironically we are wasting our free education while we dream of our life in a young adult society of dorms and parties. The reality sets in that college will be no easier when huge projects are assigned in the prospect of preparing us for college classes. My 60 page election portfolio left me little free time with friends and made me dread the thought of going to a post-secondary school.
Thoughts continue dreading but you cannot help but look at the world around you and realize that a college education is the best investment you can make. College will be a lot of work but will pay off for the rest of my life. I'm planning to apply to both BYU Idaho and Utah in the hopes of entering their nursing program. I realize that I haven't applied to the many prestigious, overflowing schools like USC or UCLA; but I'm not looking for a school where I can be comfortable with my surroundings. Going to a BYU church school is going to submerge me into an environment with other young adults that have the same standards and goals in life.
I have a dream to become a Registered Nurse. I will struggle at times; but I will peruse my education.
No comments:
Post a Comment