Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner


This year my mom and I worked as a team to get Thanksgiving dinner done. She taught me a few things like how to cook the turkey, while I showed her how to make all the deserts that I've made the past few months in my Baking and Pastries class.

We started cooking at 7 a.m. the day before Thanksgiving. Strenuous hours were spent til all the deserts and potatoes were done. My feet ached and desired to rest.

I made two chocolate cheese cakes, pumpkin spice bread with cream cheese frosting, pumpkin pie, lattice apple pie, an ice ring for the punch, and party potatoes. Since everything was made from scratch it took forever but the work was worth it.

Thanksgiving morning consisted of preparing and cooking the turkey, baking the pre-made potatoes, baking Pillsbury flaky rolls. We set out three tables just for the food set with canned dishes like cranberry sauce, corn, olives, stuffing, and everything else we had made the previous day. 

Every family member living in California came to our big dinner. We had an adult table and one for the kids too. Thanksgiving went smoothly there were only a few crying kids which was a lot less to be expected with their rambunctiousness. After our second thanksgiving dinner everyone was so full we didn't want to think of food again.

Thanksgiving was very successful. When I got a chance to rest I thought of all the things that I am thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment