Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Moving

 

 A few days before Christmas my best friend and I sat hugging each other crying. This was the devastating day Kassy told me she was moving. As break went on it was bitter sweet. We enjoyed so many fun times together but we were both thinking about how it would soon come to an end. 

The boxes are piling up against the garage and are filled though the hallways. This weekend they are moving to their temporary home. Although this home will keep them here til summer it is just prolonging the inevitable. I am so grateful that she can spend these last few months here rather than leaving now. 

Kassy had to tell all her friends and it was very tough for the both of us but I'm glad we are doing it together. Fortunately since it's my senior year and I planned to go away for college that I was already in the mindset of the time limit we have together. However, I feel bad for our friend Alicia because we will all be moving within a couple months of each other leaving her to fend for her self.

Although the road looks gloomy and the hope of being long distance best friends seems doubtful. We are positive and see our friendship lasting forever. My dad always says how you move on from your high school friends but it's not going to be that way for Kassy and I. We will be friends for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment